Short Term Accommodation
We offer short-term accommodation and residential care for all NDIS participants who desire to live independently but require some physical or equipment support. Support workers are assigned to you based on your needs and will ensure that all your short-term accommodation needs are adequately met.
What is Short-term accommodation or respite?
As an NDIS participant, your family or friends might be your primary caregivers, but with short-term accommodation or respite services, the participants could opt for alternative care and take a break from their everyday routine. This service is delivered with the well-being of both the NDIS participant and their carer in mind. Living in one set-up under the same circumstances could create a monotony for both parties involved. In such a scenario, NDIS short-term accommodation brings in the possibility of a change of scene where,
- The participants could try different things and interact with new people.
- The caregivers could take a break from regular care and engage in activities of their choice.
NDIS short-term accommodation offers the participants comprehensive care and a favourable living environment. It covers:
- Personal care
- Any other activity you and your provider agree on, including community or skills development activities.
Once you opt for short-term accommodation, you live outside your home for a limited period, no more than 14 days, and indulge with new people in new circumstances. During this period, your chosen service providers will take full responsibility for your immediate needs and be the catalysts for your growth.
Make Way for Comprehensive Short-Term Accommodation with Link Assist
As your disability service provider in Melbourne, we will offer the kind of NDIS short-term accommodation service that will have you covered for all your needs. From taking care of your food and accommodation to ensuring your interaction with the world around you, we will take care of everything and make way for a satisfactory stay.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for Short-Term Accommodation?
While the NDIS short-term accommodation service is open to all NDIS participants, you need to fulfil certain criteria to avail of this service. You can avail of NDIS short-term accommodation if:
- It provides value for the money that is spent on your care.
- It directly promotes your overall well-being.
- It helps maintain and improve the informal support you receive from your friends or family.
- It’s directly related to your disability.
- It can potentially help you fulfil your individual goals and aspirations.
- It promotes participation at the social and community level.
The basic circumstances in which you can avail of short-term accommodation services in Melbourne include:
- If you are recovering from a major medical situation and need specialised care for that time frame.
- You need a break from your everyday monotonous routine away from home.
- If your home is under modification, make it more disability friendly, and you need safe and comfortable accommodation during that period.
- Any unavoidable circumstances that limit your primary caregiver’s ability to offer you the necessary care and support.
- You wish to step away from the comfort of your home and find time for yourself while indulging in several skills development activities.
Frequently asked Questions
Suppose you avail of short-term accommodation and wish to continue for a longer period in this set-up. In that case, you can avail of other NDIS services like supported independent living, medium-term accommodation, or long-term accommodation.
An audit quote will be given to you upon analysing your Initial Scope of Audit. It depends on what registrations classes you are applying for, the number of participants and employees, the scale of your organisation and the type of Audit you require.
The NDIS funds 28 days of short-term accommodation every year. While the division is flexible, the maximum period you can avail of is 14 days. So, you can opt for a 14-day short-term accommodation twice a year.
Short-term accommodation is core support under the assistance with daily living category. The budget allotted would be as per the provisions of the core support category.
A basic short-term accommodation service includes:
- Short-term stay in a supported facility
- Emergency respite
- Respite for carers